Friday, February 7, 2014

    August 30th of 2013 I had a motorcycle accident. At the scene I showed no signs of movement. EMS made the decision to rush to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston. I had an obvious SCI, bad left and right lower leg trauma, and an essentially shattered right index finger. After an MRI and a number of xrays it was determined I had an incomplete SCI of C4 c5 c6. I underwent an anterior cervical discectomy procedure with fusion. I was on a ventilator for about 5 days. Imaging later showed I had developed a pulmonary embolism. I was immediately put on blood thinners. I had an additional 6 surgeries to repair my index finger and leg wounds. 9 days later I was sent to the Texas Institute of Rehabilitation Research (TIRR) to begin inpatient therapy. 4 1/2 months later this video is where Im at....

No comments:

Post a Comment